Friday, March 4, 2016

Awaiting survey results

For the remainder of this week I have been accumulating responses on my online survey.  In addition I have been making calls to multiple stores in the Scottsdale and Phoenix area to ask whether I can distribute surveys outside of their store.  I plan on distributing the surveys next week once I find a place to work at.

I'm spending my weekend in Las Vegas and see many more homeless people here than in the Scottsdale area.  Seeing this only serves to further my questions about the problems of Homelessness in America.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Seth! I am glad to hear that you are making progress on your project. Can you elaborate a bit more on how you are performing your outreach? How many responses have you received thus far and to whom have you sent the surveys? Are respondents anonymous?

    Are there types of stores to which you are reaching out and are you targeting specific neighborhoods? Also, are you interacting at all with the homeless population in Las Vegas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that your survey went out to parents on the Bulldog Blast (my mom took the survey, by the way and she said that she liked how you included that article at the end of the survey about the causes of homelessness). Perhaps you might want to send it out to BASIS students/seniors for more responses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work on the survey! I thought it was very comprehensive. You mentioned that because of its online format, people would fill it out quickly and wouldn't think as deeply about their responses. However, I think that if people were to respond quickly, they would be more compelled to state their instinctive opinions, which could lead to some interesting results. Anyways, keep up the great work and have fun in Las Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck handing out the surveys! I hope many people fill them out.

    ReplyDelete